IzzieSmFace2Darling Izzie is a cream and grey colored 5-year-old Havanese. Her coat is growing out nicely and is very soft. She weighs 16 pounds.





IzzieOneIzzie is shy and somewhat timid in new situations or around new people. Once she is familiar with you, she is very loving. Her tail wags constantly and she even smiles when she’s feeling especially happy. She gets along with women, men and the female dogs in her foster home. She is timid with children at first, but is friendly.

Izzie has been working on her house training and is doing quite well. She was previously trained to use wee pads inside the house, but now goes outside with her foster sisters and has recently started using the doggie door. With frequent outside breaks she is about 96% reliable! The other 4% of the time is when her foster mom isn’t paying attention or it’s raining and she doesn’t want to get wet. She really is so sweet that she might melt in the rain. She is very food motivated so edible treats are a great reinforcer for her.

Izzie loves playing with toys and the other Havanese in her foster home. She is happiest and most confident during these encounters and her playful nature shines. She makes her foster mom laugh with her behavior when playing with the other dogs. Izzie “channels her inner kitty” and stalks them. She raises one front paw when the stare-down starts, then she very slowly takes one step forward with that foot and raises the other. She repeats this over and over, freezing for a while in between each step. Then the chase begins! Izzie is very happy after her adventures to cuddle up on the sofa and take a snooze next to her foster family so she has more energy for the next round of play. She sleeps on the bed at night with her foster parents.

Izzie’s wish list for her new home includes an energetic canine friend to play with and a family that is home most of the time to give her belly rubs. She’s used to being alone for 4 to 5 hours at a time and does well with that. She’ll be a wonderful addition to the family fortunate enough to adopt her.

Izzie is being fostered in Texas.IzzieTwo

Izzie 3

A donation will be requested to adopt this dog. The recommended donation amount will be based on the dog's age, and medical and behavioral issues, if any.  A completed application is required if you are interested in adoption. Thank you for considering a rescue dog!

Changing lives ... one Havanese at a time.